How to use Acrobat Reader
These instructions will help you read PDF files either in the browser or as separate downloads.
- Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader program for your platform from Adobe's website.
- Installation of the program will also place the plugin into your browser. This will allow the PDF files to show up within the browser.
- For larger files, it is recommended that you download them to your computer and open them in the Reader. Simply press on the link to bring up a menu, and select "Download to Disk" or "Save This Link As".
This gives better results than viewing files in the browser with a plug-in because you will have the whole file and can open it in the Acrobat Reader program. The browser may have difficulty
displaying larger files, especially if you are on dialup.
- Once you have the file on your harddrive, set Acrobat Reader to view the file at 100% and print.
- File sizes will be in the title that pops up over the link when you mouse over it.
Back to Top